Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Registered for My First Half

I have finally decided to take the plunge. Not that plunge. I'm already married. The plunge I'm talking about is that I have registered for my first Half-Marathon. It is the Winnipeg Police Services Half-Marathon. I have given myself plenty of time to train. Race day is May 3rd, 2009. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.
I'm excited because it is my first Half-Marathon and nervous because I hate to fail. I chose this race as my first Half-Marathon because of the charity that it supports, the Canadian Cancer Society. Cancer has affected many people in my family. Cancer took away both my grandmothers, as well as my step-grandfather. These three people were very supportive of me my entire life. They believed in me and admired my determination. My sister-in-law also battled Cancer earlier this year. I think that I have more than enough motivation to run this race.

No comments: